GENERAL MANAGER – Automobile
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Remuneration: N600,000 – N800,000 pm + Coy. Bens
Our client, a multinational and one of the largest Automobile organisation in Nigeria is currently and urgently looking to take on board a very brilliant, articulate, skilled and experience General Manager.
For this role you will need to have experience in the automotive/dealership industry, this is essential to be successful for the role.
If you have been working in the Automobile industry at Senior Managerial role with proven success and strong background dealing with both the private and public sectors respectively, this could be the role for you!
The role will be to manage a large team made up Area Sales Managers and you will have big involvement in the development and implementation of the strategic plans for this business unit. Alongside this, you will be working closely with the senior leadership and your Sales Managers, mentoring, and leading them, to successfully develop their sales teams.
- Management of all the Sales and Marketing team
- Communicate a clear vision of what is expected, creating the right environment for your team and being a role model for the required behaviours.
- Create and implement your own territory plan and work closely with your Sales Managers to define their own territory plans to achieve sales targets and objectives.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the team is meeting all KPI and sales targets set out
- Effectively mentor and coach your staff, through regular 1-2-1’s and support the achievement of sales results, leading by example on large accounts.
- Continuously provide and review team members development plans to not only develop them as individuals but also support the drive of the overall business plan.
- Maintain the resource requirements for the all the team, managing any absence, staff turnover and supporting with recruitment where required to meet succession plans.
- Appraise staff performance to motivate and drive success, as well and keep team members focused on their activity for outstanding customer account management.
B2B Sales management experience is essential.
Demonstrable experience of managing Sales Managers and large sales teams
360 approach to the coaching and development of your team, not only looking at performance but also behaviours to ensure they are achieving commercial goals
A strong analytical mindset and the ability to plan and manage their time/workload.
The passion and drive to lead a sales team but also be motivated by to achieve personal results.
Excellent influencing skills and development of relationships up to boardroom level, internally and with external stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Commercial vehicle knowledge – strong understanding of the industry and fundamental knowledge of vehicle specifications
- Proven strong and successful managerial experience
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience
- Negotiation skills – maximising added value and profitability when selling vehicles.
- Influencing skills – internally with company stakeholders to manage the effective defleeting of vehicles and the internal workshops.
- Creative thinker – identifies multiple options to ensure success.
- Ability to manage up and down effectively – feedback on industry trends and other potential opportunities and challenges.
- Outcome focussed – finds a way to deliver the annual budget in line with other key objectives.
- Understanding of residual values in commercial assets
- Working in conjunction with the Marketing Director to drive inbound leads through selling platforms.
- Customer experience and referrals to drive repeat business
- Computer skills
Please do not apply for this role if you do not have automotive/use vehicle sales experience
Please send your updated resume in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org