Location: Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer Location: Lagos Nigeria
Direct Reports: All human resource staff
Our client, a Global conglomerate with Head Quarters in Dubai, UAE is current looking to bring on board a Senior, very skilled, experience HR guru on board.
They are delivering impact through improved access, quality and affordability of FMCG and by focusing on the investment in human capital development in the communities they serve.
Our reputable and value client has
CORE FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsibility for ensuring that the HR practices, programmes and processes, such as compensation, benefits, training and development, performance management, organizational design, leadership development, recruiting, staffing and selection, etc., are aligned with and drive organizational and individual performance.
• Developing systems and processes for attracting, developing and retaining talent.
• Conducting human resources organizational planning to evaluate structure, job design, manpower forecasting and succession planning throughout the company.
• Monitoring and establishing suitable measurement mechanisms for human resources policies, programmes and practices to align them with the organization’s imperative and appropriate industry best practices.
The objective of this role is to develop, define and implement the HR and Learning and Development strategy, aligned with the business strategy, through focused design, implementation and management of HR systems and processes.
The candidate is expected to take ownership of all HR matters across the company from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, and learning and development.
• Defining implementation and deployment parameters (such as authority/responsibility) by establishing and facilitating all human resources and management responsibilities with regard
to all HR programmes.
• Identifying, recommending and facilitating deployment of employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
• Driving and facilitating a performance management culture at by facilitating execution of the Performance Management System in its spirit of employee development and enhanced organizational capability.
• Identifying, developing and ensuring timely updates of all human capital related data management to facilitate decision-making and effective people management.
• Protecting the interests of employees and the company in accordance with the company’s human resources policies and governmental laws and regulations by identifying legal requirements, reporting government regulations affecting the human resources function and acting as the primary contact with the labour counsel and outside government agencies.
• Establishing salary structures, pay policies, performance appraisal programmes, employee benefit programmes and services and company safety and health programmes and monitoring them for effectiveness and cost optimization.
• Establishing standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures and reviewing variances to schedules to attract key talent.
• Identifying and facilitating fulfilment of training requirements to develop employee potential and build organizational capability in line with strategic imperative.
• Establishing guidelines for a knowledge management system that helps in capturing and utilizing tacit knowledge available within the organization and facilitating deployment of the same.
• Reviewing employee appeals through complaint procedures and facilitating an open and transparent culture at .
• Supervising administrative activities and ensuring cost effectiveness and patient satisfaction.
• Establishing open, clear and consistent horizontal and vertical communication channels across the establishment.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & OTHER TASKS
• Relate well with employees across the organization to ensure a professional, disciplined and healthy professional environment.
• Relationship with the external recruiters and all stakeholders required to ensure synergistic and symbiotic relationship.
• Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as may be directed by the CEO.
• ED (Finance, Admin and Strategy)
• Department Heads
• Team Members
• Recruitment consultants / training facilitators
• External training institutions and agencies
• Service providers
• Labour and employee welfare offices
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Master’s degree; MSc or MBA with specialisation in HR from a reputed institute.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with Human Resources metrics.
Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
Experience in building organizational culture and implementing learning and development initiatives.
Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
8-15 years of relevant experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within human resources.
Generalist background with in-depth knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations and learning and development.
Experience and knowledge of culture building.
Experience in a Blue-Chip Multinational is desirable.
Experience in hospitality sector is an added advantage.
People oriented and results driven
Unquestionable professional ethics
Trustworthiness / Honesty / Integrity
Dedication / Proactiveness / Self-Motivation.
Please forward your updated resume in word format to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Human Resources, HR|
|Remuneration||N9,000,000 – N12,000,000 pa (Neg.) + Pension, HMO, other bens.|